Welcome to ABI College - School of Dental Nursing
|The Diploma in Dental Nursing is validated by National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN). It enables registration as a Dental Nurse which is a statutory requirement in the United Kingdom. Dental nurses support members of the oral health care team across the full range of dental treatment. Our course leader is a trained Dentist and our tutors are practicing dental professionals with many years experience in teaching and in dental practice.|| |
Course: Diploma in Dental Nursing
Duration: 1 Year
Hours: Part Time
Location: London & Reading
Who's it for: Adult Learners (18+)
Awarding Body: NEBDN
Fees: £1400 (excludes exam & registration fee)
- You must be 18 years of age or above.
- You do not need any specific academic qualifications to begin studying and working as a trainee dental nurse. However, we prefer you to have some GCSEs, including English. Your skills and general suitability for the work are also important.
- Applications are welcomed from all UK or EU nationals, and international students subject to visa status.
The course covers the new NEBDN syllabus and includes those areas of knowledge and understanding which a dental nurse needs to develop in order to be able to practice competently. These include:
- Health and Safety and Infection Control in the Workplace
- Emergencies in the Clinical Environment
- Legal and Ethical issues in the Provisions of Dental Care
- Anatomical Structure and Systems relative to Dental Care
- Oral Disease and Pathology
- Patient Care and Management
- Assessing Patients’ Oral Health Needs and Treating Planning
- Oral Health Promotion and Preventive Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Orthodontic Procedures
- Dental Drugs, Materials, Instruments and Equipment
- Pain and Anxiety Control in Dentistry
The course also provides extensive preparation for the practical part of the new exam (OSCE), and support with preparing the required Record of Experience.